The Max E. Muravnick Meriden Senior Center is a safe and comfortable environment where we strive to empower older adults to thrive in our community.
As a multipurpose Senior Center, we are a community facility where older people can meet with one another to fulfill many of their social, physical, emotional and intellectual needs. Our Center is also a focal point for services to older persons which can enhance their dignity, support their independence, and encourage their involvement in the community.
Location: 22 West Main St., Meriden, CT 06451
Main Phone: 203-237-0066
Hours: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Parking: Free parking on Hanover Street located behind the Center
Staff and Contacts:
- Rick Liegl, Senior Affairs Administrator, 203-237-0066
- Kathy Matula, Recreation Coordinator, 203-237-0066
- Melissa Moran, Senior Center Program Assistant, 203-237-0066
- Clerk III, 203-237-0066
- Dining Room, 203-235-8052
- Becky Racine, Transportation, 203-237-3338
- Natalie Gill, Social Services Worker, 203-630-4273
- Allen Church, Meriden Transit, 203-235-6851
- 5th District Congressional Office, 860-223-8412
Meriden residents age 55 and over are eligible for free membership to the Meriden Senior Center.
Services at the Center include:
* Out of Town Medical Transportation - Rides to out of town medical appointments are provided by Senior Transportation Services. Contributions accepted, advance reservations required. Call 860-224-7117 for more information.
* Other Services and Information - Other programs housed and/or offered at the Senior Center include Conn PACE applications and assistance, AARP Income Tax Assistance, Young at Heart Group, Veterans Service Center, AARP 55 Alive Driver Safety Program, Meriden Transit District, Fifth District Congressional Field Office, AARP Chapter 2954 monthly meetings, Rent Relief Program and the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP).