|Public Health Accreditation (PHAB) Manager
Meriden Health and Human Services Department
Temporary Grant Funded Assignment
19.75 hours a week
Meriden is seeking a part time temporary grant funded Public Health Accreditation Manager.
This person will develop and implement projects and programs aimed at preparing the Meriden Department of Health and Human Services for future accreditation. The focus is on imbedding the practices of quality improvement, performance management and workforce development into the operation of the health department and aligning it with PHAB. Coordination and involvement in assuring the prerequisites for PHAB accreditation are met and overseeing the accreditation process are also key parts to this position.
A Master’s degree in Public Health is preferred, a MS or MS in Public or Business Administration with public health coursework may be considered. A minimum of two years of program administration experience in a public health organization is required.
• Thorough knowledge of public health, the functions of local health departments, and the various projects focusing on standards development.
• Experience implementing formal quality improvement processes and performance management systems
• Experience responding to the requirements of grants and other government funded projects.
• Experience implementing and managing multiple complex project simultaneously.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the PHAB process.
Salary is $28.00 to $30.00
Apply on line at www.meridenct.gov or at City Hall, Personnel Department, 142 East Main St, Meriden. Closing date is Wednesday, October 14th , 2014. E.O.E. Women and Minorities urged to apply.
|Public Safety Dispatchers
This is a civilian position in a Police & Fire Dispatch Center. Ability to work between 3 rotating shifts, weekends and holidays; considerable clerical, keyboarding and communication skills. Must be able to speak and understand English. Bilingual a plus. 5 additional points each for military veterans and Meriden residents will be applied to written test score. Preference and additional pay will be given for certified dispatchers with recent municipal experience. Full benefit package. Apply on line at www.meridenct.gov or at City Hall, Personnel Department, 142 East Main St, Meriden.
Closing date is Wednesday, October 1, 2014.
E.O.E. Women and Minorities urged to apply.